Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.

An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII

HometA HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Suspect
Quote :
Religion is the opium of the masses.

Karl Marx
Back to top Go down
Hold the Hek
Legend.

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:44 pm

What would we do with Oug to start these redic threads?

~---~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aristocracy.user-board.net/

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:29 pm

LoL make better post ? Razz since i got bore of aoc soo quickly im trolling again lol

but this one i really believe it. Im a total atheism. It more like i want to see how people see ''god''.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:31 pm

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Need I say more.
Back to top Go down
Gharik
The Gallant.

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:37 pm

Lucivar wrote:
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Need I say more.

tooblecane
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:42 pm

I believe in a God, not really one belonging to any religion. I do hope that you're not one of those athiest who quotes "the God Delusion" as much as a bible thumping Christian quotes the Bible. Those types of athiests are the worst. On a side note, does anyone ever watch 'TheAmazingAthiest' videos on youtube? A pretty funny comic about him, imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Lucivar wrote:
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Need I say more.

crap i god owned there >_>

God delusion ? what do you mean ? i dont just dont believe in anything coming from any superior life form or what ever a god enter to.
in fact idc if you believe in god(s) or not . The only thing i dont like is religion.
In fact the best quote i can think about that is one of voltaire

Quote :
If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated.
Voltaire

but instend ofclosingyour mind you should really read some philosopher like voltaire and nietzsche

but if you need faith in you live dont Razz except if you really got a strong one.

To me all man are like all other mammel we live, eat , having child them die. And nothing left of us except if we accomplish great feat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:42 pm

The God Delusion is a book written by Richard Dawkins. I haven't read it, but man do I hear people quoting it all the times on forums and such. Also I don't think believing in a God makes you closed minded anymore than not believing in a God would make you closed minded. There are also many great Christian philosphers such as St. Aquinas and Scotus(can't remember his first name). That is my main problem with athiests. A lot, hell I don't even know if it's a lot; it's probably just the loud minority of Athiets seem to act so much smarter than you just because they don't believe in a God. They love to mock evangelical Christians who try to shove their religion down your throat when really they end up doing the samething. Christians do it in the name of God and Athiest do it in the name of science. I honestly wish people on both sides would just piss off and just let people believe what they want to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:12 pm

lol do you simply know the author i told you ?

for exampel voltaire did believe in some god or superior spirit or what ever you want to call it Razz
but he dont think religion is a good thing.
Check most war are start from religion , not believe but religion .

personally i dont think im smarter i jsut dont need faith . i know my live is empty and it fine with me. Since my only goal will by my child to lovethem and make good people out of them. well and try to get rich to Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:22 pm

Religion does NOT start wars, a difference in beliefs does. The people who say this assume that if everyone had no religion that there would be no war. You could say the samething for if there was only one religion. Honestly, think of all the fights that happen just between two people. These fights are almost never over religion, but something else. War is just a large scale fight between two or more groups of people. There were always be war even if there is no religion, or only one. Like I said, it's a difference in beliefs that starts fights(or wars) it can be that one person thinks blue is a better color than green. It doesn't matter, people fight over stupid shit all the time. The only way that there would be no more war is if we were somehow all brainwashed and agreed with eachother on everything. How boring would that be? A good example of what I'm trying to say is that trilogy in southpark, about the athiests. They all are athiests but they are still fighting. I think Trey and Matt were trying to show people that even if there was no religion that there would still be war. I'm sorry, but to blame war on religion is just ignorant. It's an argument that has no merit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:30 pm

hmm ? did all say all war come from religion no lol. But look at teh crusaded in middle age, or even now ww2.
Religion most of the time is not the true reason behind war. Own interesse is. But guess what some people get really offence want you talk of there believe in a wrong way. and well it make it easy to get them in and fight for the ''good'' cause. So that why religion right now is use to make war. I dont base my word on comic but history lol.We are beast after all soo it normal to fight each other
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Seriously Ouglouk

Less Marijuana

ffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:37 pm

LoL i dont even get why you talk about marijuana dude . It not like it make you go crazy or anything.

but for your concern i dont even smoke anymore it bad for training Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Ouglouk wrote:
hmm ? did all say all war come from religion no lol. But look at teh crusaded in middle age, or even now ww2.
Religion most of the time is not the true reason behind war. Own interesse is. But guess what some people get really offence want you talk of there believe in a wrong way. and well it make it easy to get them in and fight for the ''good'' cause. So that why religion right now is use to make war. I dont base my word on comic but history lol.We are beast after all soo it normal to fight each other

You obviously didn't understand my religion/belief arguement very well. No, you didn't say all wars, but you did say "most" which I disagree with. Since when was WWII because of religion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Well part of it yes. They use hatred again a group jewish and the pope did support the nazi war during ww2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:41 pm

Talking religion and war between pompous magnificent jerks = good times. pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:28 pm

well personally i like it it feel like the forum is alive ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:35 pm

Suggesting that religion had anything to do with WWII is just ignorant. The Jews weren't persecuted because Hitler hated the Jews, the Jews were persercuted mainly because they had money which Hitler needed to finance Germany's rise to power and recognized that the Jews had no home country or other support base that would make a major issue out of it or even recognize it was going on.

As for the original question, first of all, yes, I do. I find it difficult to look at the universe and consider all of it just a random occurrence. The sheer complexity of even the simplest lifeforms at the very least hints at some sort of determination in the order of things.

I freely admit that it is impossible to prove the existence of God just as it is impossible to disprove that same existence. It comes down to a matter of choice and a matter of faith.

As for religion, I don't particularly favor one religion or another. Unfortunately many religious leaders are more interested in their own influence and power than any of their stated beliefs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:48 pm

Quote :
Hitler hated the Jews, the Jews were persercuted mainly because they had money which Hitler needed to finance Germany's rise to power and recognized that the Jews had no home country or other support base that would make a major issue out of it or even recognize it was going on.

that was hitler point of view. But to make this point he start to blame jew for bad economic situation. But he alway ad this idea that jew where behind a conspiraty jsut read book on ww2 or hitleer and you will see. Because at some point he most have dislike them.
soo by saying they where bad guy and slowly cut there right and stole there good he manage to make people hate jewish. In fact even other country where not caring about jewish or at least where to scare of hitler. Thanks to russian we are not german today Razz

Btw jsut for fun can someone tell me what nazi mean ? you will see all the irony of the thing and at the same time the logic.

But bek the whole evolution is base on random of even.
the best doesnt survive the one who can adapt those
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:28 am

My point was that the Jews weren't persecuted for being Jewish. If Catholics or Muslims or atheists had been in the same position they would have suffered the same fate. The decision was more based on economics and international politics than it was on religion.
My point is that religion is often used as an excuse for doing something, even though it is not usually the fundamental cause.

Not sure what you're asking for - the actual name of the Nazi party or the actual policies it engendered?

As for evolution, I hear you, and it makes sense on a smaller scale. On a large scale though, even given a tremendous time scale, the idea of lifeforms randomly developing as they have seems questionable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:19 am

Quote :
My point is that religion is often used as an excuse for doing something, even though it is not usually the fundamental cause.
yep i agreee with you on that. But using religion are pretext is much more easier to put it on bigger scale

the party. It was a party of the left . and where helping poor people and people in need that how they gain soo much support in germany and see as the savior. lol how wrong they where Razz.And at the same time how brillant since who are easier to manipulate,most of the time ? people without knowleged(scholarship), soo most of the time the poor.
Back to top Go down
Flannan
The Irish Railroad.

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:15 pm

Without religon, Indiana Jones would of never found the Holy grail or the Ark of the Covanant.

~---~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:25 pm

Quote :
Holy grail
i really like teh davinci code theory on that Razz
Back to top Go down
Bek
Aristocrat.

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:39 am

The actual politics of the Nazi party weren't that different from the US presidential campaign going on right now. Virtually every presidential candidate we've had in the last 50 years was independently wealthy, grew up in a silver spoon situation, and yet is trying to convince Joe American that they are just 'one of the commonfolk'. It's so phony, and yet it's what people wanna hear, so they sign on.

Personally I'm voting for the guy who goes out and shows off how smart he is and isn't interested in empathizing with the general populace. That's the guy that deserves the votes - who wants an 'average American' running the country? Seriously...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 am

ahh man come one america need to live in a dream . Reality suck Razz
Vote obama Razz

Well US behavior again other country is really harsh most of the time. For example bush to to insult french because they dint want to come in irak. or just look at the south america right now Razz

but hmmm why we talking politic in a religion post Razz

god bless america ?

btw you know jesus was black and jewish right ?(well probly look like a arab more them a black)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next