Greetings and welcome to the official homepage of The Aristocracy gaming community!

This website is best viewed on Mozilla Firefox at 1360x746 resolution or higher.

Thank you.


An online competitive gaming community. Est. MMIII
 
HometA HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Religion was an excuse created by the powerful in the middle ages to prey on the wills of its followers. It serves the same purpose today, however, its image has just evolved to becoming one of superiority.

There is actually a really good documentary coming out called "Religulous." Bill Maher, a former comedian who held a political sitdown talkshow on Comedy Central, is headlining its efforts. I think that religion and those who believe in it all come down to one common question: Could there be a world without a creator?

I feel that for some this is an unfathomable question with the absence of God, and this is largely due to social constructs and the aforementioned evolution of religious practice and fervour. All in all, however, I feel that religion is just an alternative to science. Given any period of time, things can evolve. I just think that so many people refuse to even question the possobility of a world like this actually being real. If you do some research, there are certainly some very compelling arguments.

At the end of the day, I think that it doesn't really matter what people believe in so long as they treat each other with respect. I have no problem with my fellow man or woman as long as they return the same kindness that is given to me.

And for those of you wondering my political nature, well you can probably guess it from my post.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Bek wrote:
Suggesting that religion had anything to do with WWII is just ignorant. The Jews weren't persecuted because Hitler hated the Jews, the Jews were persercuted mainly because they had money which Hitler needed to finance Germany's rise to power and recognized that the Jews had no home country or other support base that would make a major issue out of it or even recognize it was going on.

As for the original question, first of all, yes, I do. I find it difficult to look at the universe and consider all of it just a random occurrence. The sheer complexity of even the simplest lifeforms at the very least hints at some sort of determination in the order of things.

I freely admit that it is impossible to prove the existence of God just as it is impossible to disprove that same existence. It comes down to a matter of choice and a matter of faith.

As for religion, I don't particularly favor one religion or another. Unfortunately many religious leaders are more interested in their own influence and power than any of their stated beliefs.

On the contrary, Hitler persecuted the Jewish minority because he felt the religion had in essence killed Jesus Christ, and his duty as a christian was to avenge the "savior" not only that but the whole idea of Aryanism and how the Jew's were weak, and greedy etc. What many people also think is that Hitler only wanted to destroy the Jewish people and thats all. Hitler also went after gypsys and many other ethnic minorities living in countries that came under quick German control during the beginning of the war.

Hitler was a christian, for example a few of his quotes;

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."


You cannot honestly and truely believe that religion had nothing to do with Hitler's "vision" of how the world should be. Anything otherwise is completely simplistic and incorrect.

Bek wrote:
My point was that the Jews weren't persecuted for being
Jewish. If Catholics or Muslims or atheists had been in the same
position they would have suffered the same fate. The decision was more
based on economics and international politics than it was on religion.
My point is that religion is often used as an excuse for doing something, even though it is not usually the fundamental cause.

Not sure what you're asking for - the actual name of the Nazi party or the actual policies it engendered?

As
for evolution, I hear you, and it makes sense on a smaller scale. On a
large scale though, even given a tremendous time scale, the idea of
lifeforms randomly developing as they have seems questionable.

*Shakes Head*

Jews were persecuted for being Jewish... Thats the point that you aren't grasping.

I think your view is skewed where you think Hitler needed the money that they had to fund his war machine.

If Hitler needed the money why would he throw away a workforce of 13 million strong and FUND the camps to carry out mass genocide?

Its a simple waste of money and doesn't make logical sense.

And for your assertion of the Catholics and Muslims...

The
SS "Schutzstaffel" was initially mainly comprised of fanatical
Catholics and christians for that matter ranging from Orthodoxy to
Catholicism, Hitler realized that these super soldiers if you will are
perfect for what he wanted to accomplish.


Muslims were in fact part of the SS... A whole division actually. The 13th SS, you can read about them here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_Waffen_Mountain_Division_of_the_SS_Handschar_(1st_Croatian)

Catholics were also part of that division.

See
Hitler was an extremely smart person he realized that religion could be
used as a tool to not only sway peoples idea of reality but gain in
essence fanatical soldiers willing to die in the name of God.

Hitler also had blacks, indians, and asians in his military.

See; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=426_1208106538

And the Nazi emblem "Swastika" is a Buddhist symbol The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a

Its been used around the world for nearly 3,000 years as a symbol of sun, power, strength, and good luck.

Bek wrote:
The actual politics of the Nazi party weren't that
different from the US presidential campaign going on right now.
Virtually every presidential candidate we've had in the last 50 years
was independently wealthy, grew up in a silver spoon situation, and yet
is trying to convince Joe American that they are just 'one of the
commonfolk'. It's so phony, and yet it's what people wanna hear, so
they sign on.

Personally I'm voting for the guy who goes out
and shows off how smart he is and isn't interested in empathizing with
the general populace. That's the guy that deserves the votes - who
wants an 'average American' running the country? Seriously...



Umm... thats a completely ridiculous statement.



First off, to run a proficient campaign everyone trying to run for a
Prime Minister or President position over a country first needs.



A, experience B, money C, money D, education.



And thats in what comes more important starting from A.



If you actually listen to what each candidate is trying to say to you.
They actually aren't trying to convince you that they are just like
you. They are actually doing the opposite which is the fact that they
are of higher standard than you and deserve your vote because their
ideas is the right way.



Its a simple system of Nobility and Peasants. Where we are playing the
role as peasants because we may not have as much money as these people.



And the only person that is anywhere near us "commonfolk" is McCain. He
actually went to Vietnam and was shot down and spent time in a POW
camp, just like any other average joe grunt.

And that is not even a remote reason for me to be voting for McCain.

It actually has nothing to do with the fact that he should be more or less common as myself. And i hope people aren't voting like that... then again look at how much support Obama has.


Last edited by Folsum on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Ouglouk wrote:
Quote :
Holy grail
i really like teh davinci code theory on that Razz

Its no theory man, the Holy Templar actually carried out a Crusade seperate from the others that was bent on finding and discovering the Holy Grail.

It was a "real" thing back then.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Folsum i agree for most part except one. President candidate try to convince the mass that they are like everyone else in normal live BUT they can achieve more. Why the hell you think you will see obama playing bowling -_-.

ti the same thing for canadian candidate .

dont forget most people are dumb ! tthey dotn even know for who they vote for.

They did a poll right before people going to vote in québec. And some dint even witch one was the leader of the party. Or want they ask them a death prime minister. they say he probly some that X party and think he is alive.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Ouglouk wrote:
Folsum i agree for most part except one. President candidate try to convince the mass that they are like everyone else in normal live BUT they can achieve more. Why the hell you think you will see obama playing bowling -_-.

ti the same thing for canadian candidate .

dont forget most people are dumb ! tthey dotn even know for who they vote for.

They did a poll right before people going to vote in québec. And some dint even witch one was the leader of the party. Or want they ask them a death prime minister. they say he probly some that X party and think he is alive.

The thing is that candidates don't try to convince you that that they are above and beyond an average human, nor do they try to convince you that they are normal.

The fact that they are already normal is a given, its just whether or not their views on which the way the country is run can relate to yours or somehow change your views.

Yes, i agree most people are ignorant about politics, and world issues, which i find disturbing.

I think you should be forced to pass a basic literacy test as well as a test on political parties just to vote. Remember rights are a privilege.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:58 pm

lol and you know the funny thing ? people will say you are pro elite people(elitish ?). And that really bad. but it already the case. Yes i know many people wil lsay GW Bush is dumb , but he is only a puppet of this party and lobbyist
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:06 pm

Ouglouk wrote:
lol and you know the funny thing ? people will say you are pro elite people(elitish ?). And that really bad. but it already the case. Yes i know many people wil lsay GW Bush is dumb , but he is only a puppet of this party and lobbyist

Its elitist.

Ya i do agree that Bush is pretty much cheney's puppet, thats a given.

However i totally 150% disagree with the liberals, so they won't get my vote.

See the thing about Bush is that he is a man of his word, he said he would go to Iraq and take Saddam down from power, he said that he will hunt for Osama. He has never doublebacked on his word and that is something respectable, however I think he followed too much of Cheney's ideas and that basically fucked him over. I mean even with so much goddamn criticism and hate Bush has recieved he has never stopped doing what he said he would accomplish.

I cannot say the same for liberals.

I mean just follow Obama's experience as a senator he switches sides so many times its ridiculous. Not to even mention his views as a potential President.

53% of Hillary supporter realize this and already said they will not vote for him.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Hey i was for hillary

and now i have to say im faar from sure that obama will win.

I did many post on that. Hilary ad mroe chance to win again MCain

1.She democrate soo the black pop vote for her anyway
2.Obama is black and there alot of racist in US

That the reason

for example a gay guy try to by the prime minister of qu/bec . well after the election the party totally crash down. No need to say why. Everything in politic is about the picture you reflect nothing else nothing more. That why obama win again hilary and that why he going to lose again mcain.

Well in fact everything in our live is about image and not the content.

But just for fun . You going to vote for harper , i guess. Well i cant blame you if you do Stephan Dion got not to bad content but the guy is unsaleable.
thanks for the kennedy if he the liberale party leader lol

and since i ask i will say for who i vote. Block Quebecois
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Uhhh.. the Bloc are you kidding. (I kinda figured though when you made that joke about the invaders)

The bloc is so bent on isolation that its almost comical in the fact that any government trying to survive like that will utterly fail.

But im sure you have your reason why you would vote for them.


Last edited by Folsum on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:31 am

Ye pit fairly simple im a separatist

and

it the best way to Give fund for a party who protect Quebec interesse.

want some easy example to shwo you how quebec is still discriminate.
The federal gouvernement give 1 cent for every kw(kilowatts) of green electricity to everyone in canada, except Hydroquebec

if you want more just ask Wink

but you dint answer who you voting for
Back to top Go down
dezine
Aristocrat.


Posts : 13
Join date : 2008-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Atlanta

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:45 am

Back to the original question of the thread, I do believe in God wholeheartedly (sp?). In my opinion and personal experiences/beliefs, everything around us and everything we do I believe will be looked at and will determine our afterlife outcome for eternity. That said, this life is only a flicker to eternity in what I believe. Its hard for me to imagine personally that we all started from nowhere and that everything in this world just so happened to be (and I don't want to continue too much, because we all know that's a huge and hot arguement for many), and we're here to be tested on faith. Again, my beliefs and am always welcome to open-minded discussions with respect at hand Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:29 am

Well dezine personallyi believe god of all sort are create by men to filll them emptiness they dont believe. To assure them there is some logic with natural event , most of the time, or simply with life. And there life worse more them one of the beast or at least have some sense. because if you look across history and there mythologie and you will see god are relate to narutal even that men coulnt understand at that time.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:00 am

Ouglouk wrote:
Ye pit fairly simple im a separatist

and

it the best way to Give fund for a party who protect Quebec interesse.

want some easy example to shwo you how quebec is still discriminate.
The federal gouvernement give 1 cent for every kw(kilowatts) of green electricity to everyone in canada, except Hydroquebec

if you want more just ask Wink

but you dint answer who you voting for

Please, more.

Quebec's interests are nothing but conflicting matters with the rest of Canada, every single ethnicity living in Canada during the same time as the French (i.e, Aboriginal tribes) Have understood what it takes to run a successful country and have abided(sp?) by the rules set out from the victors of the war and government of the country.

Why is that so hard?

The Bloc have some hardcore elitist attitude that because they represent a predominantly French province, that they deserve some special treatment (aka "Distinguished Member of Society" that special treatment Trudeau gave them during the signing of the charter rights.)

So even by being recognized as a province that is far different from the rest of Canada they still want more??? Are you kidding.

I don't understand why we all can't just get together and actually unite the country for once to strive to become a world superpower (which is almost in our grasps)

Instead of being held down from ideas that haven't been fixed by the Liberals (i.e, Pierre Trudeau, Jean Chretien, Paul Martin)

The only person that has fully recognized the problem is Harper yet he can't do one thing about it because lo and behold Dion teams up with the Bloc leaders for more seats in the house.

To be totally honest i think Canada's parliamentary style government is too fucking ancient, we need to advance to some sort of democratic republic as America, but instead have a few adjustments.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:09 am

Wel lanother easy one is the bourse of Montréal who try to buy th toronto one , since Montréal is more succesful. Well they refuse the offer and what happen instend ? Toronto few month later buy Montréal bourse. And the Montréal one dint ask a shit or refuse anything ... i mean WoW.

Well you see that why canada and Québec will never understand each other. You are too much like the US the only part of canada who not like US is atlantique province and Québec. why ? because of Acandian and French. We dont think like you that simple as that.


and im sorry but Harper only do cheap politic , he dont give a crap about french statut in canada he just want vote from people who think he help them. Pretty word dont do anything.
In fact understand this gouvernance french lose support through the whole canada.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Ouglouk wrote:
Wel lanother easy one is the bourse of Montréal who try to buy th toronto one , since Montréal is more succesful. Well they refuse the offer and what happen instend ? Toronto few month later buy Montréal bourse. And the Montréal one dint ask a shit or refuse anything ... i mean WoW.

Well you see that why canada and Québec will never understand each other. You are too much like the US the only part of canada who not like US is atlantique province and Québec. why ? because of Acandian and French. We dont think like you that simple as that.


and im sorry but Harper only do cheap politic , he dont give a crap about french statut in canada he just want vote from people who think he help them. Pretty word dont do anything.
In fact understand this gouvernance french lose support through the whole canada.

The rest of Canada is nothing like the US. Toronto is nothing like the rest of Canada, nor is BC, nor is Quebec. Do you see my point?

Harper cares no more or no less for Quebec than he does Ontario, he understands that a simple democratic style of government should be ran with all the provinces not excluding any.

The main point of the Bloc is that through the joining of all the provinces, Quebecer's will lose their identity, culture, etc. they are basically trying to say multiculturalism is bad.

Which doesn't make logical sense.

See my main beef with the Bloc is that they want Quebec to be seperate from Canada right? Ok, fine.

However you cannot disagree in any way that Quebec will rely on Canada financially, politically, etc. which is what bothers me. You think that a province with a population of 7,546,131 will actually be able to last long enough to even be a remote power?

And just to top it off Canada would lose millions of dollars in stocks, investments, natural resources, and anything Canada has given Quebec, i.e, money.

Quebec would basically want to makes its own rules and laws yet have Canada still spoon feed them money and have financial support by funding Hospitals, Schools, Librarys, etc.

The idea of seperating is not practical and would not benefit anyone. It does not make logical sense, if the rest of Canada can get with the program, why cant Quebec? Quebec has some sort of feeling that they are better than the rest of Canada, which to me is just ignorant and selfish in a way.

Hey just so you know, no hard feelings this is just talking politics.

--

Man did we derail this thread.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:31 pm

ahh you really dont get it.

Well i cant blame you since you dont know any about our culture and more likely our language.
We dont say we are ''better'' , well maybe french>english Wink, or anything of that sort. We just dont think like the rest of canada that why we want to by independant.

and i dont see your point with 7,5 million pop ? Country wit thhe best economy per capita is the small country like norway in hte north of europe.

and btw wtf you talking about ? canada is faaar away from super power . You want to know why ? simple the population is way to small. Soo instend we should work on being effective.

The true thing i would like to see the canada to become is something like union europeen that would by the ultime stuff.

but the rest of canada is not ready for that soo i prefer the separation
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 pm

Ouglouk wrote:
ahh you really dont get it.

Well i cant blame you since you dont know any about our culture and more likely our language.
We dont say we are ''better'' , well maybe french>english Wink, or anything of that sort. We just dont think like the rest of canada that why we want to by independant.

and i dont see your point with 7,5 million pop ? Country wit thhe best economy per capita is the small country like norway in hte north of europe.

and btw wtf you talking about ? canada is faaar away from super power . You want to know why ? simple the population is way to small. Soo instend we should work on being effective.

The true thing i would like to see the canada to become is something like union europeen that would by the ultime stuff.

but the rest of canada is not ready for that soo i prefer the separation

Nah i perfectly understand the situation in Quebec, perfectly.

Im sorry but thinking a different way than the rest of your country does not justify a total radical separation.

The country with the best GDP per capita is indeed Norway, however the strongest economy in the world is still the USA.

Norway makes a mere revenue of 198.5 billion yearly whereas the US still makes a revenue of 2.568 trillion, big difference. Now we all know that America's in 9 trillion dollars debt, yes however with annual revenues hitting that high, not including investments, stocks, etc. that is disturbingly high.

See Norway makes so much money for the country because of the oil they have, divide that by a population of 4.7 million (est) thats a GDP of almost 49 - 50 thousand.

That still does not mean they are anywhere near the top countries.

--

I kind of like how you just said it yourself, "Canada will not be a superpower, because of low population"..... did you miss my point about Quebec not being able to achieve even remote power or say in what happens with world issues/decisions, because of exactly what you just said.

See well thats one way your wrong, Canada is the largest producer of natural resources in the world. (Not to even mention the oil sands), its already an issue of over consumption with other countries. We basically have an investment of infinite dollars sitting around in our country, and we are waiting for the perfect time to sell.

Our economy is also doing EXTREMELY well since the Harper government, just recently our dollar surpassed the American dollar on the global market. That alone increased our countries revenues 2.4%. (Right now according to the market its at 98 cents to the American)

A lot of of a governments revenues comes from taxes. That is why our revenues almost double Norway's at $565.8 billion.

Its not that the rest of Canada isn't ready for european unity. Its that we recognize what a unlogical and irrational idea that is.

You basically want us to spend trillions of dollars just to change the way 7, million people live in Quebec.

Unreasonable, unpractacle, unlogical. Basic nutshell of speratism.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:19 am

hmm you know the economy of canada as nothign to do with harper right ? if the economy go soo well right now it because of jean chretien/paul martin , and trusdt me it not because i like the liberal party.

Soo i prefer big time how norway is . Since not only they have no debt but got one of the largest money save(i dont know the exact term in english) for the futur generation. they got a long term view. And dont forget sooner or later US power will fall like all other great power. And if you look in the past more it going smarter the reing of a super power seeing to last. And if you ask me the end is nearby. China rising up , but will fall too they dint think enoguh about they ecology. Now htere country is like one big garbage.
And btw Alberta will face that problem soon. since sand oil produce ALOT of polution. I wish them luck because they they doing money for the moment with oil but on the long run they gonna lose.

Quote :
Its not that the rest of Canada isn't ready for european unity. Its that we recognize what a unlogical and irrational idea that is.
Well guesss who the real true power if you seeing them as one economy since they all work under the same device ? Wink

Quote :
You basically want us to spend trillions of dollars just to change the way 7, million people live in Quebec.
i dont get your point there ? how you will lose soo much money. We wont ask for money if we leave canda or anything. In fact it wont change much for the normal people like us. Since ontario/québec economy got soo many connection they wont break them. At least that would by crazy fro btoh province.

and the idea is not unreasonable . If you would by black or irish you would understand butyou clearly dont. It not a economic decision it more like something deep inside us, to by free.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:29 am

Ouglouk wrote:
hmm you know the economy of canada as nothign to do with harper right ? if the economy go soo well right now it because of jean chretien/paul martin , and trusdt me it not because i like the liberal party.

Soo i prefer big time how norway is . Since not only they have no debt but got one of the largest money save(i dont know the exact term in english) for the futur generation. they got a long term view. And dont forget sooner or later US power will fall like all other great power. And if you look in the past more it going smarter the reing of a super power seeing to last. And if you ask me the end is nearby. China rising up , but will fall too they dint think enoguh about they ecology. Now htere country is like one big garbage.
And btw Alberta will face that problem soon. since sand oil produce ALOT of polution. I wish them luck because they they doing money for the moment with oil but on the long run they gonna lose.

Quote :
Its not that the rest of Canada isn't ready for european unity. Its that we recognize what a unlogical and irrational idea that is.
Well guesss who the real true power if you seeing them as one economy since they all work under the same device ? Wink

Quote :
You basically want us to spend trillions of dollars just to change the way 7, million people live in Quebec.
i dont get your point there ? how you will lose soo much money. We wont ask for money if we leave canda or anything. In fact it wont change much for the normal people like us. Since ontario/québec economy got soo many connection they wont break them. At least that would by crazy fro btoh province.

and the idea is not unreasonable . If you would by black or irish you would understand butyou clearly dont. It not a economic decision it more like something deep inside us, to by free.

/facepalm Shocked

It seems there is no way to sway your separatist views.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)   

Back to top Go down
 
Do you believe in god ?(or other deity)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Question about Tokens (for Deity bow)
» Fighter/Cleric Deity Level Bug
» Deity's Bow Recipes
» Crimson Izanagi's RP Storage (Do Not Post)
» Screenshots - Items

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Intra-Guild Functions. :: General Discussion.-
Jump to: